Personal Trainer Columbus Ohio Training - Debbie Reichert Fitness

   Follow Me on Pinterest 
 
  
Home
  
Personal Trainer
  
Fitness Products
  
Clean Eating Workshops
  
Free Healthy Recipes
  
Free Workouts
  
Fit & Healthy Blog
  
 
 

Sunday, July 8, 2012

My Virgin Post

Well, I've gone and done it........I've started blogging.  I thought about doing this over the years and it wasn't until I recently started my Facebook page, Fit and Healthy with Debbie Reichert that this whole "blogging thing" started to really take a front seat.  I was looking for a way to reach even more people in regards to living a fit and healthy lifestyle, so what the heck!  Just like that........I'm a blogger.

Let me preface a few things.....if you are looking for a blog with a bunch of pretty pictures, this won't be it.  Don't get me wrong, I'll supply pictures of my latest creations in the kitchen, but I cannot guarantee the photography will be ummmmmmm......all that???  I can guarantee you, however, that the food will be delicious and healthy, and made with love.  I am a Mom to two little boys, Alex (7) and Andrew (5), so most of my recipes will be kid approved as well :)



I will be delivering you some kick butt workouts as well.  As a nationally certified group fitness instructor, I know a few things about exercise and I'm really looking forward to sharing some workouts with you that will help you get your sweat on!  I can get rather........excited and passionate.......about my job.  So expect some motivation and inspiration somewhere along the way as well.

So, why wait any longer....let's talk chicken.  Over the past week, I've had 4 different girlfriends ask me about my crockpot chicken burritos.  So, I can't think of a better way to kick off my new blog than by sharing that recipe with you all.  This recipe came about because first of all, I LOVE crock pot cooking, and second of all, I LOVE chicken burritos and it's something the whole family will eat.  SCORE!  It's packed full of lean protein, veggies and wonderful spices for a real Mexican fiesta in your mouth.  Did I mention how EASY it is???  Check it out!

















Fit and Healthy Crockpot Chicken Burritos

Throw the following in your crockpot:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 small finely chopped onion
2 or 3 finely chopped jalapeños
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
sliced red and green peppers
Fresh diced tomato

Cook on low for approx 6 hours or high for about 4. My crockpot is newer so doesn't take very long. The last 30 minutes to an hour of cook time I like to throw in some sliced green and red pepper and freshly diced tomatoes. When you are ready to serve, the chicken will be so nice and moist that you can just shred it using two forks.  I like to serve it in a whole wheat tortilla with brown rice, fresh spinach and sliced avocado or really any toppings of your choice but try and stay away from a lot of cheese and sour cream in order to keep this a truly clean, healthy dish. 




7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipes are great. I like to eat healthy meals, and I copying and printing yours to make them very soon. I hope you don't mind though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan on making this for dinner tonight, but its just me! Do you think it would work ok if I cut the recipe in half? Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you could cut the recipe in half. Or it actually freezes VERY well, so you could freeze in individual portion sizes for quick future meals :-) Enjoy!!

      Delete
  4. Medicaid is a USA means-tested health program targeted at certain individuals and families with low incomes and provides them with a range of health services for free. steak n shake diabetic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wonderful meals looking yummy :) I would love to try this and try to make at home for sure. thanks for sharing with us.

    If anyone is suffering from Skin or Hair problems click on this link Dermatologist in East Delhi to get better treatment as well as guidance from an expert doctors.

    ReplyDelete