Personal Trainer Columbus Ohio Training - Debbie Reichert Fitness

   Follow Me on Pinterest 
 
  
Home
  
Personal Trainer
  
Fitness Products
  
Clean Eating Workshops
  
Free Healthy Recipes
  
Free Workouts
  
Fit & Healthy Blog
  
 
 

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

HIIT Cardio Strength Workout

I've really been enjoying my vacation workouts so far this week.  As much as I love teaching my group classes at Urban Active, it's nice to be able to come up with some original workouts for myself and really spend some time on me and my own fitness goals.  Therefore, I take FULL advantage of my vacations by really digging in and getting in some good sweat time!  On Monday, I did a sweet tabata workout and yesterday I got in a good 3 mile run, followed up by a core circuit.  So, this morning, I was all about some HIIT training, and decided to use some of my favorite exercises.  Of course, I had to throw a little Shaun T in there, right??  And no day is complete without a few burpees.  So I really hope you like this workout because I was totally digging it!  I've shown you videos and pictures below of each exercise, so please make sure to review them for explanation and form before attempting.  



Try and do each exercise for one full minute, and then give yourself a 20 second rest between exercises.  It will be imperative to have a timer with you set to the 1 minute/20 second intervals.  Although, I think the Gymboss timer is great, there are free apps available for your smartphone as well!!  

The one thing I didn't make completely clear was to make sure that on the lunge/bicep curl exercise you alternate your working leg after 30 seconds.

Go get 'em folks and let me know how it goes!!  I finished up this workout with the core workout I posted yesterday so feel free to add that in as well. As always, drink your water!!

In Good Health,

Debbie



Plank pike jump
Plank pike jumps
From a full plank position, bend your knees and jump your feet into your hands, landing in a crouch on the balls of your feet. Jump up and extend your legs back out to your plank position. That's one rep. Repeat as quickly as you can for one minute.


Squat/Overhead Press


Side to Side Shuffle Jump
Stand with your feet hip width apart, squat down and reach your right hand to the floor, to the outside of your right foot. Push off both legs and jump up and to the left, landing in a squat, reaching your left hand to the outside of your left foot. Repeat as quickly as you can, from side to side, for one minute.


Plank row with dumb bells


Shaun T Insanity Diamond Jumps


3 Pulse Lung with Bicep Curl


Shaun T Insanity Squat Push ups


Tricep Chair Dips


Full Burpees w/ pushup and hop up


Prisoner sumo squat w/ knee lift




5 comments:

  1. Looking for good quality exercise equipment? You may try high-quality yoga supplies to exercise well. Also, this will help to improve your exercise level and your health as well. Keep you more energetic and refresh your mind. Moreover, this will help you to reduce anxiety and depression, will help you to have a safe and sound sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always use weight lifting machines and strength training equipment to help improve my overall health and enhance stability and balance. You also can try it to stay healthy. Weight lifting fitness equipment

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you... strength trainng workkout

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is really valuable that designed for the new visitors. Pleasing work, keep on writing.
    how to jump higher

    ReplyDelete