Personal Trainer Columbus Ohio Training - Debbie Reichert Fitness

   Follow Me on Pinterest 
 
  
Home
  
Personal Trainer
  
Fitness Products
  
Clean Eating Workshops
  
Free Healthy Recipes
  
Free Workouts
  
Fit & Healthy Blog
  
 
 

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Chicken Parmigiana meatballs


Recently, I've seen a variety of chicken meatball recipes online.  Of course I had to create my own version, so I opted for an Italian spin.  I'll be working on a Greek version over the next couple of weeks, but for now, here is my recipe for Chicken Parmigiana meatballs.  I hope you give it a try, because this was an absolutely delicious meal the whole family loved!






Ingredients:
1 pound ground chicken
1/2 cup breadcrumbs** (see note below)
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 tsp. dried basil
2 tsp. dried oregano
2 tsp. minced garlic
salt and black pepper to taste
1 egg, whisked
¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Fresh mozzarella cheese
Marinara sauce of your choice - stop by here to see my spicy marinara recipe or use your favorite recipe or store bought brand.

**I made my own breadcrumbs by toasting 2 pieces of Udi’s Gluten Free bread.  After it was nice and toasted I simply processed it up into crumbs in the food processor to get my ½ cup of breadcrumbs.  Of course store bought breadcrumbs would be just fine to use as well.  I was wanting to keep this meal gluten-free so making my own bread crumbs was the best way to do that.

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400°F, setting rack to upper third part of oven. In a large bowl, using your hands, gently mix together the first nine ingredients. Shape into balls a little bit larger than a golf ball.  Place a few inches from each other on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Remove meatballs from oven, spoon some marinara sauce on top of each meatball, and cover each with a tad of fresh mozzarella cheese. Bake approximately another 5 minutes until cheese is melted. 
I served the meatballs with a quinoa/corn blend pasta and more sauce.  You could use whatever pasta you like.  Best meal I've had in a LONG TIME! Hope you try it and ENJOY!!
In Good Health,
Debbie


2 comments:

  1. Grew up eating meatballs made w ground pork and beef. Just used thus recipe w turkey and couldn't believe how good they tasted even before the marinara!! Yum yum!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed them! Thank you! Make sure to follow me on Facebook!!

    ReplyDelete