Personal Trainer Columbus Ohio Training - Debbie Reichert Fitness

   Follow Me on Pinterest 
 
  
Home
  
Personal Trainer
  
Fitness Products
  
Clean Eating Workshops
  
Free Healthy Recipes
  
Free Workouts
  
Fit & Healthy Blog
  
 
 

Sunday, August 12, 2012

That was a good workout!!

Sometimes, I create a workout that I love so much I just have to blog about it.  This was definitely one of those times.  Why keep it all to myself??  Here's what was up today at the gym.  I'd love for you to give it a try and let me know what you think!!

I felt like running just a bit to warm up and get in some much needed cardio.  I put together a 30 minute HIIT treadmill workout.  I ended up getting in about 2.3 miles from this workout and burned close to 300 calories if I remember correctly, so not bad for a "warm-up" to kick off my upper body strength training.  For my upper body workout, I chose to do to do some Tri sets and Super sets to hit my shoulders, biceps, triceps and chest.  I threw in some burpees, because ummmmmmmmm.....do you know me?  I freakin' love 'em!  Then I ended with some quick core work.  I'm looking forward to coming up with something similar later in the week focusing on my lower body.  I'll share with you then.

Here was the treadmill workout.  Threw in just a couple sprints...nothing too outrageous cuz I don't roll like that with my running........YET! Running is something I'm working on, but have to really listen to my body on this one because I do have a bum knee (I'm icing said knee as I type this because I forgot my brace....dummy!).



Minutes                 Incline                       Speed
0-4                           8                               4
4-9                           2                             6.5
9-10                         1                               8
10-14                       1                               7
14-19                       2                             6.5
19-25                       8                               4 

Ended with a 5 minute cool down at an 8 incline at a speed of 3.

So, I grabbed some water, gave myself a few minutes and then hit the weight room.  I was one of two women in the weight room today.  This no longer makes me feel awkward, because I'll throw around some iron with the best of them.  If only every woman knew the power and benefits of strength training (another blog for another time)!  
 


Here was my upper body workout:

ALL EXERCISES - 12 REPS

Low chest flyes/High chest flyes on bench - 15 lb. dumb bells first time through and 10 lb. second time through
One leg decline push ups off bench - 12 reps (6 reps each leg)
Repeated super set

10 BURPEES - including push up and hop up

Standing side lateral raises - 15 lb. dumb bells
Overhead shoulder press - 15 lb. dumb bells
Tricep dips off bench - 12 reps
Repeated Tri set

10 BURPEES - including push up and hop up

Upright row - 40 lb. bar
Bicep curls - 20 lb. dumb bells
Tricep kickbacks - 15 lb. dumb bells (12 reps each arm)
Repeated Tri set

10 SIDE BURPEES - including push up and hop up

Ended with some core work:

10 roll ups
25 boat crunches
Side dips using 25 lb. plate - 12 reps each side
25 double crunches
1 minute forearm plank hold
30 second side plank (L)
30 second side plank (R)

Roll up example - check out the 45 second mark to see an example of the basic roll up which is what I did.


I was WORE OUT after this workout, but felt OH SO GOOD at the same time!  Ended up burning 540 calories and the best part is I will continue to burn calories the rest of the day and right into tomorrow.  SCORE!  

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday folks!!

In Good Health,
Debbie












No comments:

Post a Comment